Tuesday, August 5, 2008

SNAKES ALIVE!!

So... since moving here in February, I have seen more "freaks of nature" than living for five years with our house backing up to the Cincy Nature Center!!! We have been swarmed by bats over our bonfire, cicadas, which are STILL hatching daily and SNAKES!! Not to mention the undergroud lair of a beehive right outside our bedroom window. We have blasted, smoked, tried to poison, flood and who knows what else to them and they are still there!

Just this morning, as the mailwoman passed, I go out and see yet another snake lying in the rain in front of my mailbox. Needless to say.. the mail is still in the box! I would rather see a snake than a bug anytime, but I didn't think stepping over his head to get into the mailbox would be one of my smarter moves!

No comments: