Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My homework's done, can I go out to play?

So my middle two, Jensen and Corey, went back to school yesterday. Corey is in first grade this year so he goes a full day. I ran a couple of errands with the baby and came home to a QUIET house, no fighting, no tvs blaring no kids running in and out and making a mess in the kitchen all day... aahhhhh what better break could a mom ask for.......

AND THEN THEY CAME BACK... and MY homework began!! Why oh why do I have to fill out the same endless stack of paperwork for each child year after year after year when nothing has changed from last May when they left the SAME schools??? Do they throw away the student files on the last day of school?? I think they should have the info already there and even the papers I filled out yesterday asked for the SAME INFO over and over just on different colored copy paper and sometimes on a cutesy index card. o m g!!! I think I have carpal tunnel from all that writing!!! I don't write anymore, I TYPE!! Doesn't everyone type these days?? We used to get in trouble for passing notes in school, not anymore.. now they get their cell phones confiscated for texting in class! I think if your information- ie: address or phone.. has not changed since the end of last school year, you should NOT have to continue to fill out all new paperwork each August. I asked my best friend how she can stand it when she has all four of hers in school at the same time. She said "I locked myself upstairs and said NOBODY BOTHER me, and 2.5 hours later I emerged with a headache!"

I am glad mine are spaced so that I will never have more than 2 in school at the same time!!!! My biological clock only set off the alarm when my "baby du jour" was starting kindergarten!! That alarm will have to stay on permanent snooze this time as I cannot fathom it ringing successfully when Kasey starts school in five years and I am well..... let's just say I won't be 29 any longer!!!

No comments: