Thursday, August 21, 2008

Apparently in Ohio, we like our babies WELL DONE

Baby Found Dead At Cincinnati Christian University

Police cruiser blocks driveway on the Price Hill campus.
Cincinnati police are investigating the death of an 11-month-old baby girl found inside a minivan in Price Hill around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. (DEJA VU for us in Cincy!)
Police say the baby's mother, Dr. Jodie Edwards, left the infant girl inside the van in a parking lot on the campus of Cincinnati Christian University. ( oh obvioulsy it was an ACCIDENT if she teaches at the CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY, right?)
Police say the baby was discovered by her mother as she was leaving work this afternoon.
Earlier investigators had said they believed the girl had been left inside the van for several hours.
Police now say the child was still in her car seat when her mother reported for work at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday morning.
9News was told by a school official that Edwards had a recent change in her daycare routine and had not realized her daughter was still in the van when she parked it.
Edwards is a faculty member at Cincinnati Christian University where she teaches counseling.
9News was told the first day back for the school's faculty members was last Friday.
This Saturday marks the first anniversary of a tragedy reminiscent of what happened this afternoon at Cincinnati Christian University.
Former assistant principal Brenda Nesselroad-Slaby's two-year old daughter, Cecilia Slaby, died after being trapped for eight-hours inside a hot SUV outside Glen Este Middle School.
The temperature that day was up to 100 degrees Farenheit.
Clermont County prosecutors decided not to prosecute Nesselroad-Slaby.
The West Clermont school board agreed to allowing her to retire on disability, or pay her salary into next year if that failed. (makes me so proud that she was my daughter's vice principal and jealous that I can't get a job with those kind of benefits! kill your baby and get to leave your job and continue to get paid for a year)
A prayer vigil is being planned following Wednesday's tragedy.
If Wednesday's death is ruled hyperthermia it will be the first child death of its kind in Ohio this year.
But it would also be the 29th in the United States this year.
(I would like a list of all these "accidental" deaths from other states and to see if THOSE parents all walked away scott free!)

I am beyond outraged after staying up to watch the news last night. Her coworkers all said the same thing 'SHE HAD A CHANGE IN HER ROUTINE THAT'S WHY IT HAPPENED' OMFG!!! Those are the EXACT words of excuse that Brenda Slaby used one year ago. She changed her routine! I have FOUR kids going in all different directions all year long, my routine "CHANGES" all the time and I can assure you I have never and never would "FORGET" one of them and I can't say I know anyone with kids that ever has! It makes me sick!! Another wealthy woman will walk away free from killing a baby!!! If "go for the jugular Joe" lets her off it's only because he HAS to because they set the precedent for this with Brenda Slaby! I guess anyone wanting to get rid of their kids should come to Ohio where it's OK to cook your baby alive, but make sure you don't duct tape them and leave them in a closet, because apparently THAT is taking it a little too far! (google marcus fiesel... another fine family here in Shitcinnati)

1 comment:

babesntots said...

I, of course, am saddened by another child death in our community. However, I feel our society is so quick to point the finger because we want someone to blame for such a tragedy. Maybe it helps us to "file it away" in our brains, and pretend that it could never happen to us. I am the mother of two boys, ages 3 and 6 weeks; I have never forgotten one of them, but heaven forbid if I was under a tremendous amount of stress and I did! I would not only have to cope with the devastating loss of the child, but the entire community labeling me as a horrible mother who deserves to rot in jail. I believe any mother feeling responsible for the death of her child will already be serving a "life sentence" from the torturous guilt and shame associated with their death. Does it really make us feel better to punish these people? If it does, maybe we should look at why that is. Again, I am very saddened by this event, but I can find compassion in my heart for a fellow mother who has now lost a child under tragic circumstances.