Wednesday, September 3, 2008

90210wesome!

Okay, I will admit it.. I was a HUGE 90210 fan back in the day so curiousity got the better of me as the CW hyped the NEW 90210 all summer and I thought "well, I will watch ONE episode just to say I did" and I am HOOKED!!

They almost lost me in the first few minutes with Lori Laughlin (gag me, terrible actress, never liked her at all) and the all too innocent "new" Brandon and Brenda moving to the Hills of Beverly. I thought this was just too ridiculous for me. I didn't think they deserved to be using the original theme music for this piece. (I now retract that thought)

Well I am thankful now that I did not change the channel during that first commercial break because now we meet drunken granny. She is great, love her!
I am not just saying that because she obviously does not like her daughter in law, Lori Laughlin... lol maybe I am a little!

Then came Kelly Taylor... yay for Kelly!! She's my fave. And it got better and better for the next hour and 45! Also, did anyone else notice the girl reading the school news at the very beginning?? Her last name is Zuckerman! So.. is this Andrea's daughter?? Anyways... I LOVE that Kelly and Brenda are together again, hanging at the Peach Pit with Nat!! LOVE the references to the 90210ld and not so much the spoiled brats on the new1210! Took me until Kelly called Silver her "lil sis" to realize this was baby ERIN SILVER all growed up now!! Funny how she looks just like Valerie! And the previews next week bring back Kelly's mom! I could do without all the teen drama that their world is coming to an end because of a silly text message! Annie with her wide eyed innocent Dorothy from Kansas act is a little over the top for me. And I was so happy that Eden from Nip/Tuck only lasted one season but then she shows up here, still the everpresent slutty bitchy whore she was as Eden, but oh well, guess every show needs one!

Yes, this was a big hit for me, surprise, surprise and I cannot wait to tune in next Tuesday as long as they keep up the OLD storylines and characters because there are enough rich spoiled teeny bopper tv shows on already.... she says as she anxiously awaits the premiere of PRIVILEGED about 2 spoiled teen sisters!!

No comments: